New York Comic-Con 2013: Ongoing Coverage


Greeting, Galaxians! Our field reporter Kyle Allen is on the scene at New York Comic-Con this week and will be keeping us up-to-date with anything and everything Guardians of the Galaxy related. We will be keeping this post at the top of our page and updating it regularly, so keep checking back for more updates.

  • Sunday: The Guardians of the Galaxy footage was shown once again at the Marvel Unlimted Panel.
  • Saturday: Here's a couple of  GOTG cosplayers at NYCC:
  • Friday Wrap-Up from Kyle:
"So my first day of NYCC is over and it was amazing. While I didn't see nearly as much GOTG stuff as I was hoping, but the amount of cool stuff there is overwhelming. 

Panels: I got to attend the Comic Book Men panel (which pretty much turned into the Kevin Smith/Clerks 3 panel) and the Avengers Panel. There was no mention of any GOTG stuff at the Avengers panel, but they did announce a bunch of really cool books such as Avengers World, Loki, and Avengers Undercover (which is the fallout from the amazing Avengers Arena).

GOTG Stuff: While browsing the daunting amount of retailers there, I did not find much Gotg merchandise. The highlight of what I did see had the be the Groot Bust that was recently released (priced around $250). Along with a lack of merch, I did not come across any Gotg cosplay. This might change today since Saturday is the biggest of the three days, but I also can't wait to see how much this increased at next years NYCC because then we will be in a post GOTG movie environment. 

Day 2: So for my second day of Comic-Con I have some big plans. I'm hoping the attend the Marvel Video Games Panel, The Marvel Now & Inhumanity Panel, and the Agents of Shield panel. I got cut out of a few panels yesterday so I'm hoping I can make of three of these, pictures will follow."



  • Friday 12:33: Marvel has been giving out the poster above at NYCC. It is the Guardians of the Galaxy #8 cover by Francesco Francavilla.
  • Friday 11:50am: At the X-Men panel, it was announced that the Guardians of the Galaxy comic would be crossing over with The All-New X-Men in 'The Trial of Jean Grey.' "The Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't like people getting too close to Earth. They take it upon themselves to team up with the All-New X-Men to get Jean Grey." Stuart Immonen and Sara Pichelli will be illustrating.


  • Friday 10:43am: Our NYCC correspondent Kyle has arrived at New York Comic Con and sent us this picture:



  • Thursday: Agent M posted the picture above on Twitter with the NYCC exclusive Rocket Raccoon plush. It's definitely larger than I thought.
  • Thursday: Guardians of the Galaxy footage was shown at the "Diamond Retailers Breakfast" on Thursday morning. So far, it seems that it was the same footage shown at SDCC.

More to come soon...

23 comments:

  1. Awesome. You are so lucky, Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You're lucky, too, Agent M.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. And you are lucky, too, member of D'ast Raccoonatics Onoroian, who bought a Rocket plushie for, oh, that's right... I'm lucky, too!

      Delete
    4. By the way, I have that little post thing I typed up on Blogger. If you want to work it into this one or make a separate post, whichever.

      Delete
  2. I like that they kept his early-GotG uniform. That's sure to please a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. My favorite costume for him. It is what the BAF figure on my desk has. It is nice the plushie will match.

      Delete
  3. They actually just read a couple tweets from me in the first Marvel Live of the day. Anyone see that? I asked them to give a shout out to Onoroian from Leowyld the Raccoonatic Commander or buying me that plushie. But Agent M had trouble pronouncing Onoroian, Leowyld, and Raccoonatic and was just confused. Heh. I explained the way to pronounce Leo Wyld and Raccoonatic and he read that update, almost pronounced Raccoonatic correctly, marking the first time, in it's six plus months of existence, that I have heard that word said aloud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I sent them a tweet announcing that was the first time I'd heard "Raccoonatic" said aloud and that I coined the word back in March. Agent M, when he read that tweet, said that I "believe" I coined the word but he really did. He was just joking around, but I hope everyone knows that.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for the crossover with the X-Men.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvel Editor-In-Chief being interviewed, so I thought I'd try to get an answer to my "is Rocket a raccoon" question again. Marvel Live crashed seconds after I asked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad news! I got the question answered, The alien race that looks like raccoon is apparently the support origin now. I am very upset about this.

      Delete
  6. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=88386

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Rocket Raccoon game me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the Rocket cosplayer on Sunday. She had the head off, but I noticed her suit and the ears. She was by the stage while they were giving away free stuff.

    I took a pick with that Starlord on Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah... I had the head on for the entire day
      It was really hot in there and I really wanted to take it off...
      Yah, I hated that stage... I got my wallet stolen...

      Delete

Post a Comment