Vin Diesel Breaks His Silence

After months of teasing fans, Vin Diesel finally broke his silence about Groot to The Hollywood Reporter at a promotional event for his new film Riddick.

Turns out that Diesel and Marvel were originally planning something for 2016 or 2017. A new film that would "potentially launch a third phase," according to Diesel's admission. (Black Panther, perhaps?) However, Marvel and Diesel's respective visits to this year's San Diego Comic Con convinced both parties that the fans "wanted something a little bit more immediate."

The interview also reveals that Diesel will bring Groot to life with his voice and with motion capture, a curious admission considering that the leaked footage from D23 reveals rendered animations already in-progress.

7 comments:

  1. I wonder what the project for 2016 was. Luke Cage, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. One of the many "unknowns" the internets can mull over for all of eternity.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure about Diesel being a lead in a Marvel movie. The only character I've liked him as was Riddick (which I can't wait for). I trust Marvel though when it comes to casting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, although I must admit that I haven't seen any of the new F&F movies that everyone is raging about.

      Delete
    2. Watch The Iron Giant for an excellent demonstration of Diesel's capabilities as a voice actor.

      Delete
  3. I will never understand why people keep mentioning Vin for Black Panther. I see that far too much. There is no way Marvel could put him on the big screen as the leader of an African nation. He is far too light skinned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment