RUMOR: Is GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 Planned For 2016?


According to the website JoBlo, a "reliable source" has told them that Marvel Studios is planning to release a sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy on May 6th, 2016. That would mean that the sequel would be released less than two years after the first movie.

While this could all be hogwash, if true, it would mean that Marvel Studios has full confidence in Guardians of the Galaxy becoming their next big film franchise, especially considering the rushed release date. At the end of the day, it will all come down to how Guardians of the Galaxy does at the box office. Take our poll (on the right side of the page) and let us know how well you think GOTG will do when it's released this August. And don't forget to drop a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. I literally just sent you guys an e-mail about this lol. But yeah, I've got my raccoons crossed that this ends up being true. I can barely contain myself over the idea of one Guardians film as it is, but two?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's a good time to be a Guardians fan.

      Delete
  2. Of course, I definitely hope it is true. I am gonna wait for something official before I get *too* excited, though. (Remembering the Super Bowl ad rumor that other sites out there fell for)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I almost didn't post this because any website could just make it up, but I wanted to get a conversation about a sequel going.

      Delete
    2. Yep. Good idea. And you are specifying it is a rumor, so, even if it ends up being false, we're fine. I think, no matter what the facts are, there will be a Guardians sequel at some point.

      Delete
  3. Hope this is true.

    But before that - can we get a teaser or something?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment